Schuylkill County Disaster Recovery Coalition is a collaborative network comprised of non-profit, faith-based and government organizations working as long-term recovery partners to assist our community with disaster recovery efforts following major disasters in Schuylkill County. Past responses have included the June 2006 Flooding and Tropical Storm Lee in September 2011.
The Schuylkill County Disaster Recovery Coalition is an umbrella organization of various faith communities, secular agencies, government agencies, and individuals. Our mission is to provide spiritual, emotional, and physical resources to those affected by major disasters in Schuylkill County, regardless of race, creed, color, sex, handicap, or religious preference. We seek to strengthen county-wide disaster recovery coordination by sharing information, simplifying resident access to services and jointly resolving cases in which residents have disaster-caused unmet needs.
Home Repair Assistance
Home Repair Assistance is long-term and there may be a wait for services because the need is so great. Case managers and home repair assessors must complete in-depth assessments to determine eligibility and scope of work as part of the approval process. This process helps ensure that residents preserve any recovery assistance they have already received while working to bridge the gap of unmet needs after all other available resources have been exhausted.
Home Repair Assistance Program Facts
- Program funding is based of donations from non-government agencies.
- Funding is provided through materials and supplies with volunteers completing work. This is not a reimbursement program.
- Homes must be the homeowners primary residence, Proof of ownership is required.
- Proof of income and/or financial need, insurance claim determination(if applicable) is required.
- Initial Assessment, Application, Client Recovery Plan, Follow-up visit, release, case approval/denial, follow-up visit, and homeowner repair agreement will be completed before work beings.
While every effort will be made to help you, service cannot be guaranteed.